This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that is leading the way in the modern manufacturing of bespoke mass timber structures.
Red Stag TimberLab Ltd are looking for an additional CAD draughtsperson to be a part of our team working in our Auckland office, to assist us in delivering a range of construction projects over the coming years from our two manufacturing facilities in Auckland and Rotorua.
As an industry leader with over 60 years’ experience, we have a consistently strong pipeline of work ahead, and being widely regarded as the most capable manufacturer in our field gives us access to work on some of the most rewarding projects in NZ and abroad.
As early adopters of technology both in 3D modelling & manufacturing, this role will give you access to work with the latest software and equipment and keep up to date with industry developments.
This is a challenging but rewarding work environment where an ethos of constant improvement and team participation is valued and a great culture with work/life balance is nurtured.
About the role
- Using our specialised CADWork CAD/CAM software, you will take the information presented by consultants and work with our projects/sales team to develop an accurate 3D computer model.
- Using this model/software, you will then prepare working drawing sets for approval and address any returned comments/changes to provide a “For Construction” issue for use by the constructors on site.
- Once approved, completed shop drawings and CNC machining files are generated for the manufacturing team (liaising with the manufacturing manager as to specific information required for each project).
- You will provide BIM/trade coordination services by importing and combining models from others to evaluate and compare with our model.
- Provide assistance to our estimating team in evaluating 3D models supplied as part of tender packages to extract specific information that can be used to assist in quote / proposal preparation.
- Use of ArchiCAD or CADWork to prepare visual renders to support tender submissions.
- Provide procurement information from our 3D models to assist the projects team in ordering of materials.
At Red Stag TimberLab, we provide solutions to our customers’ requirements. You will be a positive person with a can-do attitude, a committed team player who can think outside the box. Accuracy and precision are a key part of what we do, so attention to detail is a must. You will hold a qualification with a CAD based design element or be able to demonstrate your ability through your work experience. A solid background in construction principles is desirable.
We would be willing to consider recent graduates who are up for the challenge and want to become part of an industry leading team.
If you think you are the right person for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Stag TimberLab is the industry leader in custom Engineered Wood Products (EWP) throughout Australasia, with a strong reputation for delivering quality / innovative solutions to a variety of projects.
We are looking to recruit a qualified woodworking machinist to join our production team based at our Auckland factory. The role will include various tasks throughout our manufacturing operation.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
Ideally you will be apprentice-trained wood machinist, achieving NZQA National Certificate, Level 4-5 in solid wood manufacturing (planer operations timber machining) and /or be able to demonstrate through work experience a high level of knowledge around wood processing, tool maintenance and sharpening.
In addition to the skills requirements, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their ability to meet the following criteria:
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Good English language written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills
- Must be physically fit and energetic as manual handling will be required.
- High attention to detail
- Be comfortable or familiar working with production drawings and documents
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens / residents.
We are looking for team members with the right attitude who can positively contribute to achieving our vision and goals. If you think that you have what it takes to make a positive contribution, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com