Carpenter / Joiner
Timberlab Solutions is the industry leader in custom glue timber laminating (Glulam) throughout Australasia, with a strong reputation for delivering quality / innovative engineered timber solutions to a variety of projects. We are looking to recruit a qualified carpenter / joiner to join our production team. The role is a factory-based position & will include various tasks throughout our manufacturing operation. TimberLab lead the way in the industry in digital fabrication. We operate two 5 axis CNC machines, which for the right candidate, will offer the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills into this area.
Our factory is well located in East Tamaki Auckland, with on-site parking.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
Ideally you will be an apprentice trained Carpenter or joiner & have the ability to read plans and construction / manufacturing shop drawings. You will be resourceful and a proactive problem solver to translate this information into reality. You will be able to evidence your skills and experience in detailing and processing timber products to a high standard of accuracy and finish. You will be skilled in the use of both hand tools and portable power tools. You will preferably have a good knowledge and experience in the use and maintenance of general woodworking machinery such as band saws and planers.
In addition to the skill requirements, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their ability to meet the following criteria:
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Good English language, written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new skills
- Be physically fit and energetic as manually handling will be required.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be comfortable or familiar working with production drawings and documents
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens / residents or have a long-term Visa to work.
If this sounds like you then don’t delay – email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org