As TimberLab turns 60, our C.E.O. shares a few things he’s learnt from his time steering the company from strength to strength.
TimberLab’s C.E.O. Grant McIntosh, has been involved in the business for 36 years and is the 3rd generation of his family to lead the Company which was founded by his grandfather. Grant is committed to ensuring TimberLab manufactures high quality structural engineered timber products by utilising technology and innovative systems to build a trusted and continuing partnership with our clients, suppliers and staff so they are confident and proud to be working with TimberLab. Here are his thoughts on some of the important lessons he’s had in his time with the company.
- Always strive for the best quality and service. All the time, in everything we do. Eventually, it will become a habit.
- Tell the story of the beauty, warmth and sustainability of timber. People are drawn to timber more than any other material and will often reach out and touch it. You don’t always get that with other materials like steel or concrete.
- Be at the forefront of technological advances.
- Value customer relationships and always try to go that extra mile.
- Value staff and treat all of them with respect.
- Honesty always. With your customers, your suppliers, your partners, your staff. No matter what.
- Support and be loyal to those that serve you as your suppliers. When you need a favour, they’ll help you out.
Check out the TimberLab 60 Year anniversary video here.