Award Winning Craftsmanship – Cathedral Grammar Junior School recognised at the 2017 Timber Design Awards.
The 2017 Gala Timber Design Award function at the Pullman Hotel in Auckland last Thursday saw Cathedral Grammar Junior School scoop the Overall Supreme Award. Designed by Andrew Barrie Lab Architects, the intricately detailed engineered timber structure was manufactured by TimberLab Solutions.
This outstanding project achieved an impressive total of three Awards –
- Commercial Architectural Excellence award
- Highly Commended Engineering Innovations award
- As well as the prestigious OVERALL SUPREME AWARD!
The extent of accurate interlocking detailing and prefabrication was handled with careful precision using our 5 Axis CNC Bridge. The judges commented on the high standard of craftsmanship displayed in the design and execution of this unique structure. The following pictures illustrate the finished timber structure using selected fabricated LVL elements.
TimberLab is also pleased to have been involved in contributing to the success of four additional projects recognised with Awards at the event.
- Bealey Ave Lodge – Winner – Engineering Innovation
- Government of Samoa Fale – Winner – Interior Innovation
Pakiri House – Highly Commended – Residential Architecture
- Piko Wholefoods – Highly Commended – Interior Innovation