This iconic structure in Rotorua, New Zealand has captivated judges throughout the world, taking out many awards to date.
TimberLab was involved early in the design phase of this three-storey diagrid design project. The structural timber system includes TimberLab Glulam and cross laminated timber entry canopies.
- 2021 Architecture MasterPrize Awards – Winner Commercial Category. https://architectureprize.com/winners/winner.php?id=4661
- Waikato / Bay of Plenty Architecture Awards 2021 – Winner Commercial Architecture. https://architecturenow.co.nz/articles/winners-revealed-2021-waikatobay-of-plenty-architecture-awards/
- 2021 New Zealand Architecture Awards – Winner Commercial Architecture. https://architecturenow.co.nz/articles/winners-announced-2021-new-zealand-architecture-awards/
- World Architecture Festival (WAF) – top award in the Higher Education and Research category. https://architecturenow.co.nz/articles/scion-innovation-hub-receives-global-recognition/
- World Architecture Festival (WAF) – Best Use of Certified Timber Prize. https://pefc.org/news/best-use-of-certified-timber-prize-waf-and-pefc-announce-the-winner